GELSIGHT MOBILE™ – 3D SURFACE IMAGING SYSTEM
HIGH-RESOLUTION, NON-DESTRUCTIVE 3D IMAGING AND MEASUREMENT
GELSIGHT MOBILE™ is a 3D Surface Imaging System which precisely visualizes and measures the 3D topography of any surface, revealing microscopic structures that are difficult to see under ordinary circumstances. The instrument can be used on any material (Metal, Glass, Carbon Fiber) or any surface (Reflective, Transparent) regardless of its optical properties due to GelSight’s Elastomeric Sensor.
GelSight Mobile™ is used to improve quality control processes in Aerospace, Automotive and many other Industries. GelSight’s proprietary technology provides extremely detailed and rapid surface measurements through an Elastomeric Sensor Technology invented at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology -USA.
GelSight Mobile™ puts high-resolution, non-destructive surface analysis and imaging in the palm of your hand. GelSight Mobile™ offers unique advantages for a wide range of metrology and surface inspection applications.
GelSight Mobile™ provides advantages no other tactile sensing technology can match.
Delivers repeatable, micron-level 3D data for surface features—more accurate than depth gauge or 2D profilometer.
Provides results in seconds for fast decision-making. No time-consuming processes or disassembly of parts required.
Ergonomic, easy-to-use, handheld device can be used anywhere—on the factory floor or out in the field.
Measures any material—metal, glass, carbon fiber, textiles, skin—including reflective, transparent and translucent surfaces.
EASE OF USE
Intuitive touchscreen interface and automatic generation of reports.
BREAKTHROUGH DIGITAL TOUCH TECHNOLOGY
GelSight’s unique elastomeric sensor technology conforms to the topology of any surface, providing instant 3D visualization and measurement of surface structures at micron level.
HARNESS THE LIMITLESS POTENTIAL OF TACTILE SENSING
Tactile sensing with the sensitivity of human touch. Achieve extreme precision with GelSight’s breakthrough elastomeric tactile sensor technology.
At the heart of GelSight’s digital touch technology is our proprietary elastomeric platform. It creates a soft, high-resolution, tactile sensor that conforms like human skin to the shape of an object on contact, precisely capturing the topography of the surface.
Data captured by our elastomeric tactile sensing platform is instantly analyzed in our proprietary operating system to provide detailed, 3D information on surface features, regardless of lighting or material reflectivity. The result is accurate surface characterization thanks to GelSight’s Digital Touch technology.
Micron-level precision tactile sensing.
Real-time surface analysis enables rapid decisions
Reduces human error.
Enables documentation and audit trail.
Supports a wide range of applications.
HOW GELSIGHT MOBILE™ WORKS
Elastomeric sensor conforms to the surface topology, revealing detailed features regardless of lighting conditions or reflectivity. Surface detail is displayed in real time.
A 3D depth map is calculated from images of the surface, providing position, depth and other derived surface measurements at a high resolution.
- Dimensions : 5 cm x 15.5 cm
- Weight : 400 g
- Resolution : 5MP camera, 6.9 µm pixel size
- Field of view : 16.9 mm x 14.1 mm
- Z Sensitivity : < 1 µm
- Capture speed : 100 ms
- 3D data speed : available in seconds
- Interface : USB-C to tablet or laptop
IMPROVING SURFACE METROLOGY EASE, ACCURACY AND EFFICIENCY
GelSight’s proprietary elastomeric tactile sensor technology provides micron-level details and rapid surface measurements, delivering step-change improvements for a wide range of non-destructive mobile metrology applications.
- AEROSPACE : To inspect more parts of the engine without decommissioning and analyze scratches, surface roughness, corrosion, solder joints and defects.
- MRO : To inspect surface defects before and after the maintenance, repair and overhaul.
- AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY : To inspect of defects in Engine parts, Brake disc analysis, Texture analysis, Fabric weave, Camshaft defects groove fabric analysis and Scratches in paint work.
- SMARTPHONE MANUFACTURING : To analyze defects on transparent materials such as glass touch screens.
- ELECTRONIC INDUSTRY : A unique technology to control precise assembly between parts of different materials (glass, aluminum, plastic).
- LEATHER INDUSTRY : To inspect the quality of leather.
- TEXTILE INDUSTRY : To inspect the weaving structures of textiles.
- MEDICAL EQUIPMENT MANUFACTURING : To analyze transparent components.
- FORENSIC : To analyze the fingerprints.
- GLASS INDUSTRY : For measuring glasses, components or consumer electronics having high reflectivity.
- COUNTERFEIT INVESTIGATION : Verify coins.
- MUSEUM : To analyze cultural relics.
- RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT CENTRES : For 3D surface inspection / analysis of any parts.
- EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTES : For 3D surface inspection / analysis of any parts.